Friday, July 10, 2009

Always the quiet ones...

Hey readers,

As much as I love edgy, outspoken bands that release bad music, some musicians simply won’t buy into my way of life. Disturbing to think I’m such a big music purchaser really.

So while my first choice tends to be bands that think ‘music is rubbish these days’ and formed a band pretty much to save music (see futureheads rip off the chapman family and my brother’s loltastic youtube vids), I do occasionally appreciate bands that build up buzz but disappointingly don’t spout off the save the world rubbish. Music interviews are rubbish without bands hating everything after all.

Anywho, the best example of the hard touring, buzz building sensation seems to be the Temper Trap.



They’re playing every festival on earth this summer after browsing their myspace, and they’ve got a handful of good songs. But in order to achieve stardom (I wrote about this in spring about la roux), they should consider telling people they’ve revolutionised music and start fueds (just like la roux. I’m pretty sure she doesn’t look at this blog though).

IF they’re clever, they’ll lay into any band (I don’t recognise the close matches, but hockey and van she are further down in their matches). I suppose they can pick on Hockey for not having a very good band name. Or Van She for having too good a band name. Only time will tell. Check em out

No comments: