Thursday, October 23, 2008

Electric Six!!!!!


As I'm sure we are all aware the new Electric Six album came out on Monday. As per usual I found out about it and decided I would hate it off the cuff, this decision being maintained even when I was listening to it happily tapping along. What a fool I turned out to be!


Turns out it's not as bad as I hoped it would be. The band that are most famous for Gay Bar, that song that got annoying, have made this album's first song be 'Gay Bar Part 2.' This is an obvious attempt to regain some of the fame of their previous song, hopefully duping people into thinking its a remix. Dont be fooled, its not a remix, but it is quite a good song.


The whole album is kinda funny and has some pretty deep issues, like women staying in the kitchen and wasting the worlds' resources. This is all done in a reasonably satirical way with some lyrical gems thrown in there.


Like I already mentioned, it's not as bad as I thought it would, but while it was fun, I got the funny feeling that I had heard it all before. Little bits of songs seemed to be poached from other songs and thrown together, so it gets few marks for originality.


So nothing exceptional here, but thats not a negative!!


Big B

No comments: